Last week we went to Refuge des Fondues (video gives you a good idea of the place). This special trip was due to the fact that the Berlin Fat Tire crew was in town. I have never been to this particular restaurant/tourist destination, but the Paris Fat Tire folks go a couple of times a year for special occasions. Refuge des Fondues is not a Joel Robuchon restaurant. This is a whole in the wall, all you can eat, write on the walls, drink wine out of a baby bottle & climb on the tables kind of joint. It was packed and we had to wait an hour outside, but once inside, I immediately knew why young American adults from across the globe would want to come here. We had a great time eating below average fondue, drinking wine out of a baby bottle (only way that I would - a glass is just too classy) and crammed in on the benches. I promise, it was a ton of fun. Yes, I would go back.
Some of our group enjoying the fondu and wine.
I told you, the wine was literally served in baby bottles.

No comments:
Post a Comment