Thursday, November 11, 2010

Jack & Leigh Celebrate One Month of Marital Bliss

PARIS - We celebrated one month of marital bliss (for the most part) on November 9th. It has been a whirlwind of a month taking us to three countries and settling me into a new life abroad with Jack. We thought we would recap the happenings for you with some pictures, quick stories, and a little video footage.


Honeymoon
The day after our wedding we flew to Mexico for a great seven night honeymoon in Playa Mujeres. We stayed at the Excellence Resort. It was a perfect week of relaxation at a great all-inclusive resort. I did my best to start fattening Jack up again, and believe me we got our money's worth. Late night room service chicken fingers?! Only if it comes with nachos too. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the trip.


our private rooftop terrace

one of the incredible pools at the resort

where I got my bronze on

pre-dinner drinks

smoking a stoge in honor of The Bear

great Mexican food


Getting Ready for the Move
After we returned from Mexico, we only had two days to fill up four suitcases, legally change my name to Louis, and fly 4,500 miles to Paris. One of the nights in Birmingham my mom made an incredible Thanksgiving Dinner for us since we won't be able to celebrate the holiday with our families in November. It was a ton of fun and a great idea (I wish I had pictures of the dinner).


On the day we flew out for Paris, we got an email from our wedding photographer. It included an awesome slideshow of our wedding. Click here to see the slideshow.


Life in Paris
Luckily, when we got to Paris our apartment was already pretty much setup. Jack had been living in the apartment since July and hadn't messed it up too much. It didn't take me long to put my touch on things. I downsized his closet and dresser space by more than half in a matter of minutes. It's a great little home located in the 15th arrondissement just around the corner from the Eiffel Tower. Here's a video of Chez Louis that we took in August when I came to visit Jack.





Stay tuned, I'm sure I'll have more adventures up soon!

3 comments:

  1. Those are such great pictures of you and Jack at the bar and dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to strike image of Jack in pool from my brain. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Chez louis is tres chic! Love!! I'll let you know when I book my flight to reserve the fouton!

    ReplyDelete