Thursday, November 18, 2010

Markets

The markets of Paris are always entertaining. You can go there to actually purchase your food, to see what produce is in season or to stare at the stuff that Americans would normally never dream of touching. Shopping for groceries is a whole new ball game here. You go to the store sometimes more than once in a day. Jack was sent out twice last night alone - once to pick up fresh lettuce and the other time to pick up a baguette. While, we do have a grocery store 2 blocks from our house that is amazing and affordable known as, Simply, we prefer to go to the "boulangerie" for our baguettes and other fresh bread, the "boucherie" for our fresh cuts of meat and even to a restaurant with a window that opens up to the street for raw oysters. Twice a week several farmers come to set up stands of fresh produce, homemade cheese, flowers, freshly cut meats and other goods. It is a French law to have these markets set up each week in every neighborhood throughout Paris. So, with all of that said - Yes, I am blogging about food again. Jack and my Mom pointed this out to me the other day. What can I say? I love food. I love to shop for it, cook it, eat it, read about it, talk about it and now.....write about it.


Can you spot the pig's ear? Gross. Something that I am 99% sure that Jack and I will never indulge in.


Beautiful display of seafood. I am sold.


Veggies.


Fleurs.


Rabbit anyone? Poor bunny didn't know it would soon be on display at the market in Paris. 

No comments:

Post a Comment