Saturday, December 4, 2010

Two New Markets

MARCHE AUX PUCES DE CLIGNANCOURT

Monday, I had a nice day with some great gals - Katie, Amanda & Suz. We explored a antique/flea market on the outskirts (by outskirts, I mean rough neighborhood) of Paris. We enjoyed exploring the stalls all containing unique items - suits of armor, chandeliers, pieces of furniture that go in that one room in your house where your Mom forbid you to sit in the chairs, creepy dolls, theatre props & costumes, silver bowls, paintings, Chanel tweed jackets...you get the point. I plan on going back with Jack when it warms up a bit around here (so basically not  until May). I was only able to get one pic from this adventure because many of the booths would not allow you to take pictures. There was actually a "no photo" sign, but I did not see it until after the below picture was snapped. Scouts honor!

Lot's of great finds here.


CHRISTMAS MARKET

Later that day we decided to head over to one of Paris's many holiday markets. Quite a large one was set up along the Champs Elysee. Booths lined the street and we managed to walk through the entire market and much to Jack's liking I'm sure, I did not purchase one thing! 

Amanda, Katie & Suz all sipping on vin chaud (mulled wine) in an effort to keep warm.


Champs Elysee with the Arc de Triomphe in the background. 


A giant vat of tartiflette, which is a hearty French dish perfect for this time of year. Jack and I made it several weeks ago and it is NOT low in calories.


Soaps.


X-Mas decor. 


1 comment:

  1. These markets look like so much fun!! You're going to have such cool decor pieces from your life in Paris!

    ReplyDelete